Welcome to our temporary homepage while our current site www.mentorshipnow.org is under construction. Please sign up above to participate in this program.
Our goal is to establish an organized mentorship program. Arranged through an online database, the groups will consist of small groups of members in a range of career stages. In addition to the small group mentoring, there will be a series of regular programs with speakers from fields outside of architecture, such as marketing, insurance, legal, accounting, social work, psychology, education and others. We will plan the educational programs and mentorship groups to appeal both to emerging professionals as well as other members. Please join here.
- Professional Practice Notes: Design-Build
- Emerging Professionals Companion
- IDP & A.R.E. Seminar at NJIT
To provide AIA New Jersey’s Emerging Professionals with the guidance and resources to promote and advance their careers, and the profession of architecture as a whole. Our goal is to provide useful and up to date information for young architects, interns, students and other Emerging Professionals in the field of architecture.
Some programs we have run in the past include the following:
- Numerous IDP events at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Several ARE prep classes at various locations throughout the state
- Portfolio review program at NJIT
- Created a successful international competition in 2010 for a Visitor’s Center in Newark, NJ
- Launching a second international competition in late 2011
- Bi-annual mixers with the NJ Emerging Professionals group to allow architect members to network with emerging professionals outside the world of architecture
- Monthly Associates Committee Meetings with Educational Presentations in the West Jersey Section
- Building Tours in the Newark & Suburban Section