Awards: – In order of appearance.
- Crowd Favorite- Nicole
- Most Innovative-KSI
- Best Craftsmanship- Donna
- Holiday Spirit- Jessica
- Highest Score- Lisa
Dessert/Build is a challenge to create a sustainable gingerbread house for “FEED” certification.
Theme: “If the North Pole went Green”
Wednesday December 5, 2012 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
The Olde Mill Inn Restaurant
225 U.S. 202 Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Project brief- Design a Gingerbread build for “FEED” certification.
This is a conceptual competition for sustainability design and ideas. Pastry skills are not required.
- Promote an open discussion about architecture and sustainability through the use of physical modeling during the holiday season.
- Let’s emerging professionals express their ideas, model making skills, and sustainability concepts in a creative forum. Encourages Architects to work alongside children to educate them on the field of architecture and sustainability.
- Bring a toy for “Toys for Tots” to the event. Purchase raffle tickets to use for voting for a crowd favorite the proceeds from these tickets will also go to “Toys for Tots”.
- Open to students, interns, design professionals, architects and their families.
- Build must include both a building and a site.
- Base shall not exceed 24”x24”; however, the base does not need to be square.
- Project must be at least 50% edible.